Wednesday, October 17, 2018

9ROB - My Digital Journey

My Digital Journey


This term in 9ROB we were designing a Mars rover. I started my journey by designing a prototype of a rover on tinkercad. My prototype had gear-like wheels for grip and an antenna for communication on the back. After we had designed our rovers, we made them out of lego and drove them using a Sphero. We raced them against our classmates. Cherry, Awa and I made a rover that came second overall in the races. We also did some coding with the sphero's to get a better understanding of it. I programmed mine using blocks and a forever loop. I also experimented with other ways of coding including drawing and typing in the code.
Image result for Mars terrain




We were learning about the terrain and the hazards on Mars for a rover. I learnt a lot about Mars from this because I didn't have much prior knowledge about Mars. I learnt about the rocky and dusty terrain. I also learnt about the hazards and everything that could go wrong about a rover being on mars. Including the terrain and the weather. We also learnt to drive a virtual mars lander.



I hypothesize that my Mars lander would be successful on Mars and with it's mission. It's mission would be to collect and analyse all the different types of rock and to see if there are any signs of life on Mars.

Image result for classcraft


While on my digital journey, we experimented with Classcaft. Classcraft is a game in which a class undergo different quests and challenges. If you complete them to a high standard you are gifted with gold pieces and experience points. The aim is to be the highest level character. There are also punishments if you don't complete the work. You can loose you 'HP' (health) and if your HP is below a certain number you can be punished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.